The POP3 email address you have been requested / provide can be loaded onto your device or through your mail client either with a POP3 connection or an IMAP connection.
By using a POP3 connection, you will be using one of the most common ways to connect mailboxes to systems, and you will be able to have your email on your phone, your tablet, your alternate web mail system, or your computer.
The way your device or mail client is designed may be different than how other programs or devices work, with different names for the same steps.
Your device or programs should have detailed information on how to add and set up mailboxes onto the system, but there are general pieces of information you need to complete the process.
- Account Type: select POP3.
- Your User Name is your full email address.
- Your Password is your mailbox password.
- Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain.co.uk (or .com – whatever your domain ending is)
- Outgoing Mail Server / SMTP Server: mail.yourdomain.co.uk (or .com – whatever your domain ending is)
- Important for Outgoing Mail Server: Check that the server requires authentication.