We build websites.
Easy to update.
We have been developing websites in West Lothian, Falkirk and all across Scotland since 2004.
Domain Name Registration
- We can help you with your domain name.
- .co.uk domains are approx. £10 per year.
- .com domains are approx. £12 per year.
Here’s what’s included in all our web hosting plans:
- Annual Web Hosting – very small business websites with no more than 5-10 – £60 per year. Paid annually.
- Monthly Hosting plan for websites with SSL requirement: from £15 per month. Monthly Direct Debit Payment.
- Fast business hosting with SSL, for shops and larger business websites: from £35 per month. Monthly Direct Debit Payment.
- Daily website backups (7 days) gives you that peace of mind.
- Personal contact by e-mail based in Scotland.
- Regular Security updates of your website.
We can help you with the design of your new business logo. We can also help with business card design and printing too!
Regardless if you run a small business and only need a very small website – Homepage, Contact Page, Service Page, or a large website with lots of content, or an online store, we can help you. With different monthly packages available for different requirements you can rest assured – we are just a phone call away to make the changes to your website to keep it up to date.
Once your website is live and up-and-running, we are only a phone call away should you need updates, or changes made to the website.
A few more things explained
We mentioned all sorts of things above, and this little section provides a bit more help.
Can I pay by card?
Yes, apart from AMEX, we accept all the major credit and debit cards. Once you accept a quote we have provided, a 30% deposit is due to be paid to get started. The rest would be due on completion of the project.
Can I have a proper e-mail address?
As soon as you own your own domain name, you can have your own business email address, such as email@example.com. There are two types of email addresses:
- “cheap” or free email address. Please read about POP email addresses below.
- a proper business email address = Microsoft 365. Please see below.
What is a POP/IMAP email address?
Most web hosting providers (incl. us) can provide one or several free email addresses as part of your web hosting package. These email addresses are called POP or IMAP email accounts. When we set up an email address for our customers, the standard Inbox size is 1 GB (1000 MB). This sounds a lot, but most clients need to manage their inbox regularly and remove old items, as they can fill up within a matter of months.
Advantage: It’s free. Super easy to setup.
- Very limited space (sometimes as little as 200 MB!). We offer 1GB inbox space for free included in our Small Business Hosting accounts (no extra charge).
- No backups. You are responsible for your own backups on your computer.
- Your email stops working when the inbox is full and you need to then log in and manually delete the emails.
Business Email Address – Microsoft 365
We would advise the setup of a proper business email address through Microsoft 365. The most cost-effective solution is around £40 per year. This will give you 50 GB of space as well as the option to use Online Versions of Microsoft Word, Excel etc. 50 GB will take you years to fill up. The emails will also sync properly with phones, tablet computers, your laptop etc. This means if you delete an email on your phone, it will automatically be deleted on your laptop and your tablet too. POP Email accounts do not offer the same amount of flexibility, and most certainly no backup.
- 50GB web space.
- Online versions of Microsoft Software.
- Syncing between devices.
- You need an IT person to set this up for you to work with all your devices (one-off cost).
- Annual fee, approx. £40 per email address.
I need my website translated – German
If you require any aspect of your website to be translated into German, or you deal with Germany regularly, please let us know if we can help – Nadin is from Germany originally and fluent in German. Nadin worked as a translator for a large software company in Edinburgh and has got vast experience in technical translations.
What does Domain Name Registration mean?
A domain name is registered through a domain name registrar and needs to be renewed every year. You can purchase your domain name for a few years ahead.
We are happy to help you select a professional domain name for your business. If you don’t know where to start – just give us a call and we will talk you through. If you don’t know much about domain names, we would recommend using the UK based site www.123-reg.co.uk for domain name registration.
A .co.uk domain name is only about £10 per year, a .com domain name is only about £12 per year. When you start up a business, you do not need to register every domain option available, such as mybusiness.co.uk, mybusiness.com, mybusiness.net and so on. Unless you are Amazon, there is absolutely no need in registering every option.
Top 3 things to consider for your domain name
- Keep your domain name as short as possible.
- If some quickly glanced at your business card, it your domain easy to read? Sometimes it’s best to put a “-” between the words.
- Your domain name does not need to match your business name. For example if your business name is Bob Smith Chartered Accountants Limited, try and register a shorter version, such as www.bobsmith.co.uk, or www.bobsmith-ca.co.uk
Have a look at Igor International – a Naming Agency – for some inspirational advice.
What is web hosting?
Web hosting is basically online storage space for the files that are required to display your website, such as the content pages, photographs and so on.
Web hosting prices vary dramatically from £1 per month to several £100 per year. If you are inexperienced, you may want to opt for the cheapest version, but we can only advise against that.
Cheap web hosting packages are mostly on shared servers. This means one web server hosts several websites at the same time. And in the very cheap offers, it can mean that too many websites of many different companies are stored on one server which will result in a very slow website. Because the web server is so busy displaying websites of so many other companies, and the server (which is basically a computer) may not have a lot of memory. So when your website visitors look up your website through Google, they may be presented with a white page for a number of seconds before the website is displayed. This means you are loosing customers before they actually see your website.
We offer shared web hosting too, but we use a reputable company based in the UK which do not “over-pack” their servers.
What is VPS hosting?
We also offer VPS hosting. This means that we configured a server with web space, memory and processors – similar to buying a computer and configuring it for your own needs. We then only host 5 or 10 websites on this server and we can monitor clearly which websites are very busy. We can add memory, storage and processor speed so that everyone benefits from a fast website.
This is all done virtually, we do not have a physical device in our office.
VPS servers are more expensive, as they use a different memory type, and we limit the number of websites per server. We make sure that the servers are fast and reliable. They come with 7-day-backups.
We also offer SSL for the websites that are hosted on a VPS server.
VPS hosting if for businesses with larger websites. If you have a large blog with hundreds of blog posts, or if you have lots of galleries, and many web pages and your website is very business, with at least 5000 unique visitors a month, we recommend VPS hosting.